Saturday, August 1, 2009

Shell Nigeria (SNEPCO)recruits for Speech Writers

Shell companies have been exploring for and producing hydrocarbons for over a century.

Today, Exploration & Production (EP) employs some 17,000 people worldwide and has interests in ventures in 36 different countries.

SNEPCO is currently looking to recruit two Speech Writers in our Lagos office

Responsibilities

Job Purpose:
To help Shell Nigeria leaders develop and tell a compelling company story to a broad and global audience, and help them ensure widespread understanding of Shell’s strategy, strengths and objectives, internally and externally. Also, to assist other communicators in Shell to tell stories from a Group perspective as well as contribute to maintaining worldwide consistency in Shell messaging

Principal Accountabilities:
Research, write, edit and publicise speeches and talking points for senior leadership· Provide visual support material if appropriate·
Develop and maintain a global network of Shell resource personnel
Work with speakers, experts and Investor Relations in researching and drafting speeches·
Work with web team and Media Relations in publishing final versions of speeches· Crafting and editing of staff messages and notifications as well as content for internal and external channels (print and web)·
Assisting in editorial style for all written communications·
Editing internal and external publications such as Shell World Nigeria, company reports, content for calendars and diaries·
Managing appropriate contracts (printing of calendars, diaries, greeting cards etc.)

Job Requirements:
A Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, English, Social Sciences or related field·
8-10 years proven experience in speechwriting for senior leaders·
Excellent oral and written communication skills (detail-oriented)·
Good word-processing, internet, powerpoint skills are essential·
Mastery of the English language·
Ability to multi-task ·
High degree of enthusiasm and interest, as well as flexibility, creativity and goal-oriented

Deadline is 21 August 2009

Click here for more details.

6 comments:

  1. pls dont u need speech writer assistant??
    I mean, somone with d skill but less than 8yrs experience??

    ReplyDelete
  2. ADEMOLA, Michael: B.A.(Hons) French with Second Class Upper Division from UNILORIN in 2002, Cert. in Data Processing (UNILORIN) April-July 2002, NCE (French/Yoruba) with Distinction in French from OSCOED, Ilesa in 1997. I was formerly a French Lecturer at the Shehu Shagari College of Education, Sokoto (Sept. 2003-Dec. 2005) and currently a French Lecturer at the Federal College of Education, Kontagora, Niger State (Dec. 2005 to Date). Mobile Phone No: 08034198016

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pls kindly send my email address(georeth2000@yahoo.com)to Shell to grant me the prellivege to attend their recriutment exercise.I am DIKE GEORGINIA NNENNA,HND BANKING AND FINANCE, WITH EXPERIENCE.08060667398/08087168930

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a graduate of Mass Communication with six six years expereience as a staff writer in a media house, I will be glad if given the opportunity to showcase my ability during the interview or text.
    Chidi 08033939209

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Ma/sir,
    My proven track record of successfully performing complex task on various fields makes me an ideal candidate for the job of a speech writer that you listed through the online career website.
    You specify that you are looking for a dynamic,result oriented and highly motivated individual .During the course of my service year, I was given the opportunity to serve at Ministry of women affairs and social development Abakaliki Ebonyi State. I worked in the administrative department, and assisted the administrative officer. I played an active role within the office and helped them to achieve a greater awareness of the ministry within and outside the state.Also within the course of my service year i was able to work in the capacity of a deputy mobilisation officer in my community development service group to achieve the construction of one classroom block in the community which i served,as a result, i was given a commendation letter by NYSC Ebonyi state for my outstanding performance.
    My ability to work well as part of a team and alone also relates to my success within this Dept. These attributes, combined with my enthusiasm to learn, were essential to my contributions and success during my service year in Ebonyi State.
    I believe that i can apply the same skills within my service year period to a position within your company. I hope my qualifications and experience seem to be a match for the position. If so, I hope to get a call for an interview at a mutually convenient time. Thank you for your consideration.Attached to this letter is a copy of my resume'.
    Yours faithfully,
    Ogbekhilu David Idemudia.
    U can call me on 08030840234

    ReplyDelete
  6. A GRADUATE OF CAMEROONIAN NATIONALITY,BSC GEOGRAPHY WITH 3YRS WORKING EXPERIENCE ,SPEAK FRENCH,ENGLISH AND IGBO....08066597806 MY NUMBER,LIVE IN VICTORIA ISLAND,LAGOS

    ReplyDelete

Please Kindly Leave a Reply Here You can also comment on what you want us to do for you